At all.
Matt was able to go with me for the first part of it but then had to head to school for the second part. We were running late this morning so we almost missed the appointment.
And if you know me, I hate being late. I would rather re-schedule something than be late.
So since we were late, it was already stressful.
Anyways, to add to my stress...
When a baby turns a year old, our doctor likes to test them for lead poisoning and also she had to get her year-old shots. So not only did she have to get blood drawn but she had to get shots too. Ugh, what a great way to start the morning.
I hate shots or anything to do with needles. Especially if it has to do with my precious angels.
Guess what part of the doctors visit fell into the "second part" of the appointment? Yep, you're right..the shots and bloodwork.
And I was by myself. And I had an energetic two-year-old in tow.
So here I was, dragging around my bags and my girls, frustrated and anxious, and just ready for this to be over. People were probably wondering if I was even capable of caring for these girls. We managed to make it through the tests with lots of tears and repeating "Jaelyn, get out of there" over and over. I was a mess. And I'm so thankful that's over. We probably looked like we belong in the wild.
My morning wasn't going so well. I was beyond tired from dragging my girls and bags around. I was frustrated that I had to put my baby girl through pain and that my hubby had to leave me to take care of it all by myself. And I was about to give up for the day.
Until...
A song came on the radio. I have heard the song many times but I guess this time I actually listened.
Listen to it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnCEyfRdvDY&feature=fvst
God's perfect timing? I think so.
From that moment sitting in my van, my day and my attitude, changed right away. I realized that I have so much to be thankful for and that I shouldn't let something as little as a doctor appointment stop me from
having a bad day.
Everybody falls sometimes...Gotta find the strength to rise...From the ashes and make a new beginning.
If that was the worst thing that was going to happen to me today then I'm going to be more than alright.
Don’t you give up now...The sun will soon be shining...You gotta face the clouds...To find the silver lining.
I am so thankful for God. I am thankful that my life has been filled with purpose and that because of Him, I am never alone. I am thankful that because of HIS grace, my day was able to become positive, all through a song.
The one who makes me laugh when I don't even want to smile.
I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful that he is always there for me, always providing for the girls and I, and for being my bestfriend. He's an amazing father and husband and I can never thank him enough for all that he does for his family. I love him!
I am thankful for my beautiful girls. They are such a joy and huge blessing to my every day life.
I am thankful for my other family and friends. I definitely wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for them. And life definitely wouldn't be the same without each and every one of them.
There is so much that one can be thankful for and because of a song on the radio today, I chose to put life into perspective and be positive about my day. My attitude definitely determined the outcome of my day and I am thankful that my day was as good as it was. :)
Xoxo,
Tanna
No comments:
Post a Comment