I started a new "friendship" group tonight with a small group of girlfriends from my church called Fresh Air. And let me tell you what...it was definitely a breath of fresh air for me! I think I have found that "connection" with friends or adults rather, that I have been missing.
Not to mention that it's at one of my most favorite coffee shops ever.
We were all able to talk about our struggles and our victories. It was great to have conversation with a few great women that can understand where I'm at in life, even if they aren't in the same situation as me at the time. I walked away in a great mood, inspired, ready to head home to my family, and prepared to have a great rest of the week.
I am so thankful for this "break" because just a few weeks ago I was certain that I was by myself in this life, with no friends, atleast none in the same situation as me. God reassured me tonight that there are women, just like me, to share life with. It doesn't matter what position we are in or what struggles we are dealing with or even what victories we are celebrating. What does matter is that we do have each other in this beautiful life.
I can't wait until our next night of Fresh Air!
Xoxo,
Tanna
Wow! Now I want to move to Topeka. I don't have that kind of thing here....I'm lucky to have a couple women to talk to once every two or three weeks. Makes me want big city life (just for a little bit). Love you!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel. I am excited about our new woman's group that we started here. It's nice to have great husbands, but sometimes a woman just needs that something extra special that she can share with her friends. I'm glad you finally found that Breath of Fresh Air you were looking for. I knew you'd find it. Love- MOM P
ReplyDelete