Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring

The smell of rain. Children laughing and playing outside. Snowcones. Evening walks. Cute sun dresses. Beautiful weather. Barbeques. Picnics. Park time. Sunshine.
These are just a few reasons of why I love Spring. I can take the girls outside, where we can play for hours with chalk, on the swing set, or at the playground.

 I love the relaxation and beauty of flowers, rain, and so much more that Spring brings with it.

And to capture it so that I can admire it for awhile longer than it lasts? It's like love at first sight over and over again.










And I definitely love the nice weather. I can dress my darlings up in matching sundresses full of bright colors or capris and frilly shirts that make me (and them) smile to the end of the earth.















The best part about this journey through my life is that I get to do it with my bestfriend and precious girls that I wouldn't trade for the world.



Life has been very, VERY busy lately that I almost can't keep up.
The girls still seem to be growing at a rapid pace and I have yet to figure out how to slow it down. If anyone can help me with that, please do.

Jaelyn has been learning so much lately. She talks all of the time and I see a lot of myself in her. My brothers and family use to pay me to not talk for so long and lately the idea seems to be sounding like a good one. I can't deny that I love how cute her words or attempt at words sound. Her favorite phrase lately is, "Mommy...I love you." And it melts me heart every stinkin' time. She too is loving the beautiful weather. She's definitely my outdoorsy girl and a bit of a tomboy but I love watching her discover the world.

Finlee is becoming a brave girl. She took her first steps a few days after Easter and lately she's been walking from place to place. She loves her big sister although she's also learning to fight back when she needs to. Her smile and giggles are so precious and I can never resist them. Any cuddle time that I can get, I cherish because she's such a busy girl, always on the go and playing her heart out. I can't wait for her to be able to interact with her sister on a higher level. She's definitely my sweetheart and is growing up too fast.

As for Matt and I, we're still settling into our new home. We love it; the freedom, the challenges, the decisions, and the fact that we have a home. We're both still busy with school and both definitely ready for a break this summer. But most of all, we love being parents to the most beautiful girls in the world. We're biased, we know! We are also loving all of the time we're getting with our friends since the weather has been beautiful.

I love the fact that Spring can bring us so much joy. It's like we've been given a new chapter in our book of life. The open windows air out the house and a new perspective has opened up as soon as the front door opens. It's beautiful, I tell you. Our book of life is beautiful around here. I challenge you to find the beauty in your book of life, because it's all around you.

Xoxo,
Tanna


1 comment:

  1. I so want some of those beautiful pics! I love you guys and I am so thankful that I am close and able to be a part of it all! Love- Momma

    ReplyDelete