Wednesday, April 7, 2010

If you're happy and you know it...

I am clapping my heart out. I am praising, thanking, and giving glory to the "big man in the sky" for everything that I've been given this past week.

We are finally moved into our new HOME.

We still have lots of work to do but the point is that I feel at home, finally. I love it. I keep sitting here at my make-shift desk, taking it all in, trying to convince myself that God really did just bless me with a beautiful house to raise my children in.

For quite some time, I just felt like I was here in Topeka, just going through the motions, just in "blah" mode. And ever since we moved in, I have felt like I finally belong. I feel different at church, at the store, and in my kitchen. I am ever so thankful that my attitude, mood, views, and love for a town have been changed.
And I'm so sure that this is where I belong for now.

And to be able to take this step with Matt, as a family, has changed us as well. Everytime we walk in the door, we're excited about what projects we can tackle...together. I love the thought of raising my children here. I just love it. LOVE it.

(Thank you to everyone who has helped us move, adjust, and helped us get ready to begin living in our house. And also to everyone who helped make this possible for us!)

Today was not a good day but I kept my head up and pushed forward. Why didn't I have a good day? Matt had to go back to work today after a week long vacation. I am SO thankful that he has the job he does. He loves his job and I love that he has one but I hated to see him go today. I love spending all of my time with him. He makes me laugh all the time and I really enjoyed having him home, even if we were working most of the time.

We had a great, busy Easter. Most of Matt's family came to town and we had a delicious lunch with them after church and then headed home to spend the rest of the day with our girls. The Easter bunny even visited us in the morning!

Look foward to some photos. We've been changing things here and there to make it our home and I can't wait to share!

Xoxo,
Tanna

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you finally posted something. I feel a little lost not talking to you everyday. I'm glad you are enjoying your new home and that God is blessing your decision. Love you! Mama

    ReplyDelete