Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh, Jaelyn!

A friend of mine jots down notes everytime her children say something cute. I wanted to start because I know for sure that I will miss the stage of my girls (and little man) saying something cute in their innocent little voices. Jaelyn makes me laugh on a daily basis with what she says.

Here are a few things she has said lately:

I heard her playing in her room the other day by herself. At preschool she has been learning about fire safety and what to do if there is a fire in the house. All of a sudden I heard her say loudly, "There's a fire in the house! There's a fire in the house! Call 1-8-7, there's a fire in the house!" Close, right? 1-8-7? 9-1-1? She'll get there!

Matt and I talk in code when we want to tell each other something that we don't want the girls to hear. One evening I was telling Matt that I wanted a milkshake when the girls went to bed and Jaelyn was standing right beside me so I told Matt, "I think I would like an M-I-L-K shake when the girls go to bed." A few seconds later, I heard Jaelyn talking to Matt. She told him she wanted a "P-O-Y-M drink" later.

One night before supper, Jaelyn was waiting to eat until Matt got to the table so that we could pray before we ate. She was making conversation with me and told me "Grandma doesn't pray before she eats supper." (Which isn't true!) I jokingly told her that Grandma was a sinner and she said back to me, "Don't say that Grandma is a sinner." And then I had to teach her the lesson that everyone is a sinner, we are just loved enough to be forgiven!

Jaelyn and I were carrying on a conversation about her new baby brother as I drove down the street the other day. She asked me what we were going to name him and I said, "Chaseton Matthew". She informed me that she didn't like that name so I asked her what she would like to call him. After thinking for a bit, she told me, "Franklin Allison". I figured she had thought of the name Franklin from the turtle cartoon and her sister's middle name is Allison, so she just put two and two together. When she came home from preschool the other day, I was reading through the class roster that she brought home and she happens to have a girl in her class named "Allison Franklin". Even though it was a cute idea, I'm glad she told me recently that she really likes the name Chaseton. :)

More later, I am sure!

Xoxo,
Tanna

No comments:

Post a Comment