Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Held

Just this morning I was telling my husband that I feel like I live in doctors offices anymore.
I have three appointments to attend, just this week.

I decided to sit and write today because I never want to forget these emotions and the busyness because as silly as it sounds, I know I will miss it someday. When I'm sitting at home all day, waiting for my kids to come home from school, I will miss it.

And as much as I love my life and know that I am so blessed, sometimes we all need a little down time.

Somedays, I feel so overwhelmed by everything. Being a mom and wife, shuffling around to appointments all week long, celebrating everything I've been given, and trying to balance out everything around me, can be so stressful.

No matter how much I try to hand it over to God and just let it go, I have this thought in the back of my head that is always there. Titer counts, antibodies, meal planning, gum cleanings, grocery shopping, pediatrician check-ups, housework, sonograms, procedures, and the list goes on. I just want it all to go away. But then again if it all went away, the end result wouldn't be as worth it.

When I'm having a bad day, I tend to find my favorite songs on YouTube, turn the volume up, and give myself a good cry. Recently I've become attached to two different songs that make me feel better, even though sad. They don't relate to me exactly, but I love how mellow they are.

I Will Carry You by Selah- My favorite lyrics from this song are this:
"I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you." No one ever said it would be easy but atleast I've been chosen by God to carry our new little man. That's a big deal to me.

Held by Natalie Grant- And my favorite lyrics from this song:
"This is what it is to be loved and to know that the promise was when everything fell, we'd be held." I feel like when I'm at the lowest of lows and can't take any more of the thought process that comes with this pregnancy, that the God who placed purpose in my life and has everything in His control, is holding me in the palm of His hand.

I know how blessed I am. As I write this, my two precious darlings play behind me and there is no greater blessing than being a mom. And if I am the one that was chosen to carry these beautiful blessings, I will do it with pride, no matter how hard and overwhelming. As I go through this season, I pray for all of the struggling moms out there, no matter their situation because being a mom is hard work, no matter the circumstances! But well worth it, if I may add.

I came across this verse the other day and I wanted to share it:
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

And with that, I ask for your prayers for our new babe, our precious darlings, and us.
Xoxo,
Tanna

No comments:

Post a Comment