Friday, February 4, 2011

Our Girls & Life

Life seems to be busy lately. With Matt back in school, appointments, our girls, snow storms, and traveling, we've been out of the loop!

At the beginning of January, we went to visit my Grandma where we seen our first big snow of the year! Jaelyn is my snow-girl. She couldn't wait to make a snow angel.





We had a great time relaxing together!

This is of all of the grandaughter's on my side of the family: Finlee, Marleigh (my niece), and Jaelyn.

After we got home, it snowed some more a few weeks later. This was Finlee's first real sledding experience. We bundled her all up and took her out. She isn't as big of a fan as her sister is but she had fun while it lasted.



Sledding with big sis!

Her first snow angel!

The girls together.

Jaelyn

For Christmas, Finlee recieved a Texas Longhorn cheerleader outfit. Matt always jokes that his girls are going to be Texas Longhorns. Since some of my family lives in Texas, they spoil us in Texas gear!

Daddy and his little Longhorn cheerleader!

Hook 'em horns...have to start them early!

I've been trying to accomplish a few projects for the girls around the house that I want to get done before we have to start preparing for baby Pollock #3. One of the first things I did was paint a chalkboard on one of Jaelyn's walls for her. Both of the girls love it!



It was her idea to show it off.


I'm 17 weeks pregnant this week! I've been taking pictures every week of myself. I wore a t-shirt this week so it's hard to see how far along I am but I'm growing slowly. Right now, I feel like I'm in the chubby stage. I don't look preggo, just chubby. :)

I also had an appointment with my regular doctor this week. We had a few issues but all should be settled when I go to my first specialist appointment. The baby's heartbeat was at 154bpm.
Our first specialist appointment is in 12 days. We should be able to find out the gender of our new little one then. As I mentioned, there were a few issues this week. Matt has been researching and I've been praying like crazy. The reason I see the specialist is because I have an antibody in my blood (I had the same issue with Finlee). They measure the "titers" in my blood. They know if my titer count were to get to be too high, the baby would be affected in some way because my body would begin to fight the baby off. The specialist also monitors the baby though many, many ultrasounds and blood work. When I went in this week, my titer count had doubled. It shouldn't be high enough to where it is a problem yet, but the baby and I definitely still need prayer and we ask that you help us with that. :)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 17 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Pollock is the size of a turnip, says babycenter!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I haven't kept track, a few good pounds, I'm sure. :)
Maternity Clothes: All regular clothes, although they are getting tight! Matt did buy me 2 new pairs of maternity jeans and shirts and I love them!
Gender: Can't wait to find out! February 16. My prediction this week: boy.
Movement: Nothing, besides a few flutters.
Sleep: I don't sleep well. I already am having issues getting comfortable.
What I miss: I'm not sure if you can miss them, but normal emotions and moods. I am so tired of being so darn moody and emotional. I cry about everything!
Cravings: Subway and pizza.
Symptoms: Tired, moody, emotional.
Best Moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat again.

The girls are doing great! Jaelyn loves preschool and is meeting so many new friends and learning so many new things. Finlee is also growing, talking, and learning more. As a mom, it is so fun to see your children learn and grow and develop into little people. But if you think about it long enough, it gets hard to believe that "my little babies" aren't going to be babies anymore.

I promise to begin blogging on a more regular basis!

Xoxo,
Tanna


1 comment:

  1. Been praying for you! Oh, and btw - I enjoy reading your blog! :)

    ~Cristina

    ReplyDelete