I love this blog.
I love that Matt and I can blog what we're feeling, blog about our day-to-day activities, blog about our sweet girls, or blog about whatever is going on around us.
I know most of you use it to catch up on our family and see how big the girls are growing, and that's great, but this is one of those blog posts that is a little different. I don't mean to get sentimental on all of our readers but here goes...
When I was younger I "stumbled" upon this song called, "Who You'd Be Today".
(It's on our playlist at the bottom of our blog, click on it, and listen to the words and you might get what I'm trying to say.)
It makes me think about my sister and "who she would be today".
If I'm right, she would be graduating in May. We'd look alike. She'd be smart, tall, and big-hearted. She'd be proud to have a niece named for her.
And beautiful.
Everytime I think about my friends, my bestfriends, I wish I could name her..
...but I never got to know her.
Lately, I've really been struggling with the friends that I do have and am grateful for, and I sometimes wish I could just call her up and tell her my stories of the day, give her advice, have her as my Maid-of-Honor, be there when my babies are born, go shopping with, and just be sisters.
Be just like the bestfriends I have in my life, today, but a sister too.
Now that I'm getting older and I understand more of the things going on around me, I think I really long for a "sisterly" relationship. I have been so blessed to have two amazing cousins that have always been really close to me. And also, my three amazing sisters-in-law that treat me as if I've always been their sister. (Not to mention my two bestfriends that mean the world to me.)
But...it's not always the same.
Atleast I don't think so.
I'm also very blessed to see two very adorable little girls that have each other as sisters. I love the relationship that I already see forming between them. They may not always get along in life, but I believe and pray it will just bring them closer as they get older. I hope that they have the life-long relationship that I could've had with my sister and I'm SO thankful that they have each other.
I know that she was God's to begin with. And she's "in a better place". And I'll "see her again someday". But it's not always comforting.
"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies." Psalm 18: 2-3
No matter how much I miss her or how bad of a day I've had, I can trust in God and know that my little sister is in perfect hands.
And He knows what He's doing.
Xoxo,
Tanna
Tanna, I can just feel what you are feeling. But your sister is up there playing with my babies. It actually makes me feel better that they have her. I am here for you and I hope that you can call and talk to me about things as well (I know I'm not quite like a real sister, but I hope I help a little). I love you so much, Sister!
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say I know how you feel as far as the not having a sister part goes. I've never got to experience a sister relationship either. I've also never had the privilege of "growing" up with sister-in-laws like you have. I am very thankful that the four of you have each other. Cherish the relationship you have with these three beautiful women. They will be with you through life.
ReplyDelete