Tuesday, January 26, 2010

School, Sports, and My Girls.. These are a few of my favorite things. :)

Hello all..  Matt here again...  Once again, my life begins getting busy with the start of a new semester.  I am taking 12 hours again this semester, not a whole lot, but still full time.  This semester, I am taking two classes that I  am really looking foward to.  Both classes are sports related.  One class is SO315-society and sports, where we will be looking at how sports shape our society and what roles it plays in certain societal situations.  The other class is PE300-sports and excercise psychology.  In this class, we are studying how psychological factors influence involvement and performance in sport, exercise, and physical education settings.  So far , I have been enjoying both and looking foward to what I can learn from each class.  These classes are really touching on a part of me that is really important: sports.  I have been struggling lately with the idea of what I really want to do in life, and sports has always come to mind. Not necessarily playing sports, but still being involved in them.  I think that is why teaching has been a good option for me, because it combines two of my loves, learning about history, and being involved with sports(coaching). I thank God every day that I have a wonderful wife who supports my sports addiction.  She puts up with watching alot of sports and sometimes she enjoys it ( Texas Longhorns Football), and sometimes she doesn't. I hope over the years, she will grow to love watching sports especially if her girls are in the sports. ( I know she will.)  I could not have asked for a better person to raise my daughters with.  She recently wrote a paper on our High School homecoming and it was neat looking back on those memories with her.  I am glad that she will be with me for so many more memories.  I cannot wait to celebrate life with all of my girls.  I am excited  to be able to coach my girls in whatever sports they choose to participate in.  I want to be that dad that is constantly involved, but not over the top.  If I could have the opportunity to coach my girls years down the road, sign me up, because I would do it in a heartbeat.  To be there and watch them succeed is something that I look foward to every day.  I love them so much and hope they will succeed in every aspect of thier life.  I know God has great things in store for them..

(1 Timothy 4:8) For bodily training is beneficial for a little; but godly devotion is beneficial for all things, as it holds promise of the life now and that which is to come.


 
Hook 'em!!
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment