Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh, Christmas Time!

My favorite holiday is by far, Christmas! I love the snow (when I'm inside to enjoy it), the hot cocoa, the yummy sweets, sitting by the fireplace, the decorations, the Christmas movies, and the shopping! It really does seem like a magical time of year, if you sit back and enjoy it.

When I was little, I remember waiting for dark to come so we could load up in my Grandpa's car and drive around to see all of the beautiful Christmas lights. I would always get to sit in the front, because I was the youngest and smallest. My grandpa would drive and drive until he made sure we seen every house in town. Not only that, but he would wait until one particular song came on the radio. "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer...", I can still hear us all singing it as my Grandma sat in disbelief. What a sweet memory that I will always remember! As I got older, my Dad would take us in his plane to fly over the Christmas lights. It was always an amazing experience.

We recently decorated our house for Christmas. It gets more fun every year as Jaelyn gets older. She loves to help! It's very bittersweet as each Christmas passes. This will already be Jaelyn's third Christmas, and Finlee's first. Unbelievable! They really do grow up fast. Here's a few pictures of our little helper!




Last night, Matt and I went with a few friends to see "It's a Wonderful Life", the play. It use to be a classic Christmas movie. It was truly a wonderful play. I think it truly is a wonderful life as long as you have friends and family.

Christmas is a great way to gather with family and friends but somtimes we just have to sit back, relax and really enjoy the true meaning of Christmas. To celebrate the birth of Jesus! Such an amazing time of year!

Merry CHRISTmas!

Xoxo,
Tanna

No comments:

Post a Comment