Monday, July 30, 2012

An Update

  • Summer is busy but its almost over and I am starting to wish it were a few weeks longer! However, I am really looking forward to fall! One of my most favorite seasons!

  • School enrollment is this week! Its official...my baby is going to kindergarten. I'm not ready for her to be gone everyday but I know she's going to love it!

  • I spent this past week at my grandparents house. I'm so thankful to have a place to go "home" to. Its always hard to leave but my grandma and I had such a fun time sewing and spending time together. I have always had just one set of grandparents growing up but my own grandparents make up for that. I love them and wish they didn't live so far away. My cousin from Texas met me there. Its always great to spend time with her there in the summer..it makes me feel like we're kids again and we don't have a care in the world! My most favorite memories from my childhood are spending summers at my grandparents house with my cousins!

  • After visiting several churches, I think we have finally found one that feels right. Its so hard to move forward and leave everything you know and love but I have faith that we're moving in the right direction. I'm so thankful for God's provision and love!

  • Matt's sister, Michaela, has officially moved in! She will be spending the next year here with us in Topeka while she attends cosmotology school. Even though she will have a busy schedule, I am thankful for the extra hands of help around here! Its fun to have someone older than the age of 5 to talk to everyday. If my very own sister were still with us, I feel like this would be something that we'd do for her, too. Michaela is such a blessing to ourselves and our kids! We love her!

  • Even though we haven't been searching too hard lately, we've kind of been taking a break from the job hunt. I feel like there is so much pressure for a college graduate to find a job right after college when in all reality, the job he has is a great one! I'm so thankful for Matt's job but I am open for change! Its fun to explore and dream about where God will take you!

  • A great friend and fellow MOPS mom and I have joined together in starting a MOPS group for Teen Moms here in Topeka. I have a HEART for teen moms! I think about how I can help them almost every day. We are still in the brainstorming process but I feel like I am one step closer to opening a home for teen moms!

That's all...for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment