Monday, June 20, 2011

Wohletz Farm Fresh: Strawberry Patch

On Friday, their last open day of the season, Matt and I took the girls to a strawberry patch in Lawrence to pick our own strawberries! I had been wanting to take the girls to do something such as this for awhile and I happened to come across the Wohletz Family Farm website on a whim!



On our way! They were very excited to go pick strawberries!

The family that owns the farm and strawberry patch were so kind! The strawberries are normally $2/pound but since it was their last day for strawberry picking for the year, they were running a special for $1/pound! We will definitely be going back next year!

Finlee found a strawberry!

There were still a lot of great berries left!

I love strawberries!

Pickin' away!

...and eatin' away! :) Finlee loved eating the strawberries. Her hands were stained red after awhile!

Jaelyn with her bucket. She did a great job picking her strawberries!


Jaelyn's bucket full.



Finlee in the field.


Strawberry plants for rows and rows!



Jaelyn ate a berry or two too!

The Wohletz farm is located in a beautiful spot in the country! I encourage you to visit their website, http://www.wohletzfarmfresh.com/Wohletz_Farm_Fresh%21/Welcome.html and sign up for e-mail notifications with them so you can be sure and head to their farm and pick a few strawberries next season! We had a lot of fun and can't wait to go back next year!

Xoxo,
Tanna

No comments:

Post a Comment