Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jaelyn Funnies

I haven't done this in awhile so I figured I better write a few things down because I know I will forget all of the funny things my Jaelyn has said in a few days. I already find it funny to look back at previous posts to see what she has said, not remembering she has said it until I read it.

We were running errands the other day and Jaelyn had been asking for ice cream since we got in the car. I was trying to explain to her that we had other things to do but she just didn't get it. We live right by a Baskin Robbins and as soon as we drove by she said, "Look, mom! We can go get ice cream at Basket Rabbits!"

Jaelyn had a friend over yesterday for most of the morning. They were playing with a light-up sword that Jaelyn's aunt Melissa had gotten for her. Her friend was calling it a light saber and Jaelyn argued back that it was just a sword. They practically had a 20 minute conversation over whether it was a sword or a light saber. Later that night I was playing outside with the girls and our neighbor boy was outside too. He gave Jaelyn a Life Saver candy and when he told her what it was she excitedly ran over to me and said, "Jake gave me a light saber! Can I eat it? Can I eat it?" In her mind she thought she had figured out what her other friend, Mark, was talking about when he thought her sword was a light saber.

Somehow Jaelyn and I had been talking about babies. I asked her if she ever wanted another baby brother or sister and she proceeded to tell me she wanted a baby sister. I then asked her what would happen if this baby that she wanted ended up being a boy, a baby brother. She thought for a minute then said, "Well, we'll have to tell them that we wanted a baby sister and they will have to get out their make-up so that the baby can be a girl!" I'm glad she has no clue how it really works and I plan to keep that way for atleast a little while. :)

We went to see a friend the other day during nap time so I had the girls take their pillows and blankets so they could lay down and rest while my friends children were also resting. I told Jaelyn that "Miss Tiffany" would let them know where to lay down when we got there so that everyone could take a nap and she quickly responded, "Well maybe Miss Tiffany will say 'Don't worry, they don't have to take a nap, Miss Tanna.'" Since I called her Miss Tiffany, she just knew Tiffany would call me Miss Tanna. :) She just knew my friend wouldn't have them take a nap since she isn't a big fan of them!

My mom told me that when I was little I would always call my grandma's under arm area her angel wings. I think my brother started it all but anyway, my girls also call that part of my mom's arm her angel wings. One day, Jaelyn grabbed my mom's arm and asked her if she could fly with her angel wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment