Monday, August 9, 2010

Livingroom Makeover and Growing Girls

I've been working on making my livingroom a place that I love to be. I randomly decided one day that it needed more of a "home" feeling. And I can successfully say that it's almost there.

I (and when I say "I", I mean Matt), started by painting one wall a dark red color that we found in the "Oops" paint section at Lowe's. Not only was it the perfect color, it was clearanced, too. :)



I added the sheer white curtains that I also found in the clearance section at Lowe's.
The end panels have pretty floral details on them.



For the window by my papsan chair, I added the same floral detailed panels.
I was surprised at how much it added. I love them!

The next step in making over my livingroom was to add some of my most cherished treasures: photos.
I found this idea from Kelle, a fellow blogger who's blog I read.



This just happens to be my most favorite spot in my house.
I love staring at these pictures, that happen to be some of my most favorite.

All I have left is to move around some furniture, add some accessories, and complete some finishing touches to the end table, coffee table, and trunk that I happen to be re-doing specifically for my livingroom.
You're welcome, Shelbey, for posting my progress on my livingroom...
I know you have been dying to see it! :)


*****

And here's a few pictures of my growing girls. Enjoy!







Xoxo,
Tanna

2 comments:

  1. Thank you MUCH for posting the pictures! :) I LOVE it! It's amazing what a little color and small details like curtains will do for a room. Great job! I can't wait to see what you are doing with the furniture. I can't wait to make new curtains for our living room either.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The makeover looks great! How wonderful that you found such a good deal on the paint!

    ReplyDelete