As far back as I can remember, I wanted to be a mom. I have always loved babies and dreamt of the day I would have one of my own. When I became pregnant for the first time, I really wanted a boy. I loved having older brothers growing up and I wanted a little girl to have an older brother just like I did.
Life gets funny as you change and grow.
As I got older, I longed for a sister of my own. I longed for a relationship with my sister that never had to face this world because she went straight to heaven to be with Jesus. I wanted a sister that I could call at any given hour and she'd be there for me. A sister that I could share clothes with and hang out with for hours on end. A sister that would give me nieces and nephews and ask me for advice and look up to me. A sister to share life with. Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers more than they know but I just wanted a sister, a best friend. God has more than fullfilled my desire to have a sister. Not only do I have numerous friends that would gladly fill the role, I have been blessed with sisters-in-law that love me like I've been there from the beginning and two cousins that have been more like sisters to me than cousins. My sister, Jenna, would have been 20 today. I'm so glad that my girl is named Jaelyn Lerae, after my sister, so that I have a constant reminder of her in heaven. Say a prayer for my mama's heart if you read this.
When Jaelyn was born, the idea of her having a brother went right out the window. I knew I wanted her to have a sister from the beginning. There is just something so special about the bond of sisterhood. I know because I get to witness it everyday. The day that Finlee was born is a day I will never forget. I believe that God placed these two precious darlings in my life so I can experience sisterhood in a totally different way, through the eyes of my daughters.
As crazy as this sounds, I can't wait to watch them grow and really develop a friendship. I expect drama, fights over the bathroom, and heartbreak but I also expect love, slumberparties, makeup and cute clothes, and happiness. I'm so grateful that God has blessed me with two precious girls that call me mom and I'm especially thankful for two girls that have and will have the best relationship a girl could ask for, a sister.







No comments:
Post a Comment