Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We Did It.

This little girl...


...had her first day of preschool today. She (or should I say "we" or maybe even "I") did it. I can't believe how quickly time has passed and how much she has changed from then until now. She's growing up to be quite the little girl.


Last night before she went to bed, I helped her pick out her outfit for today and read her a story about the first day of school. The night couldn't have gone slow enough. Last night she was still my baby but this morning when I dropped her off at school, she became my big girl, ready to take on the world.



Tinkerbell Pajamas


After we got there, we had a short meeting and then it was time to leave. She was a little restless and squirmy but after she noticed her church friend was right there with her, she did great! I was a little sad to leave her. Not because I didn't trust the hands she was in, but because it quickly occured to me how fast she is growing up. I know it's only preschool, but then again it's another step towards becoming who she is suppose to be.

Tinkerbell Outfit

And Tinkerbell Backpack

The two hours she was there went by fairly slow. All I could think about was what she was doing and if she was having fun. I couldn't wait to pick her up and to hear all about her morning!




When she got into the car afterwards, she seemed really happy. She said she had a lot of fun and wanted to go back on Thursday. I hope she still means it when Thursday rolls around.



Here's to a safe and fun school year!

Xoxo,
Tanna

2 comments:

  1. Oh....it is a little sad when you see how fast she's growing up. I sometimes can't believe that I have a neice (on that side of the family) that's old enough to go to preschool. Makes me feel a little old.

    ps. I have tinkerbell jammies too, so when I'm that direction again, she and I will have to wear our tinkerbell jammies.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing her with a backpack almost made me cry! I can only imagine how that mad you feel!! Love you guys, Cassie

    ReplyDelete