Monday, November 30, 2009

A few of my favorite things......

Wow! Finally, after all of this time, I have been able to blog on here.  I have been so busy and I have been putting this off.  This is the first time I have ever "blogged"  so bear with me on this.  Tanna told me I could "write whatever I want", but I know she'll read this right after I post this and find something to say about it (good or bad).  This time of year for me seems to be the most hectic, but yet I still feel like I've had the chance to spend alot of free time with my girls, which is the most important.  Finals are right around the corner so I have been busy finishing up papers and getting ready to study for all of the upcoming tests.  Between all of that time I have had the awesome opportunity to watch alot of college football.  Most of you who know me know that I am in love with college football and my beloved TEXAS LONGHORNS!  I have really been proud of Tanna because she has found a new love for longhorns football, much to the disliking of her grandpa. :)  He is an Oklahoma Sooners fan, so it gives it a little family rivalry there.(but very friendly)  I even have Jaelyn in on the act.  She is learning to  say "Hook 'em Horns" and she can do the horns hand signal too.  She still needs a little work on it but with time, she be as big of a fan as her daddy. (I'll be very proud.)  Speaking of my Longhorns,  they have the chance to play for a national championship this year with a win next week over Nebraska in the Big 12 championship game.  I had the opportunity in 2005 to watch them win the National Championship with Vince Young and I would give anything to see Colt McCoy, the current quarterback win one.  He undoubtedly deserves it. I admire him and he is one of my biggest heroes.(perhaps why our dog is named after him.)  Not only is he an amazing athlete that I dream of playing catch with someday, but he is a devout christian that proclaims his faith every week on national television during post game interviews on the field.  It is awesome to hear him thank God for his abilities and his opportunity to play. That is why I truly look up to him.  I tell Tanna sometimes that we are going to move to Austin some day to be closer to my longhorns.  Well, hopefully everybody who reads this does not get lost in my football lingo or gets bored because of it.  I will hopefully be back soon to update you on my beautiful girls( all three) and my 'horns. 

Hook 'em Horns!

Matthew Pollock

No comments:

Post a Comment